Mohammed Anwar, of Springfield, Va., died in a crash on N Street in Southeast D.C. near Nationals Park.
Police said the two teen girls assaulted Anwar with a taser about a block away from the crash scene around 4:30 p.m. The man was dragged and killed in the 1200 block of Van Street, SE, FOX 5 DC reported.
Members of the First District arrived on the scene and located an adult male suffering from life-threatening injuries,” police said.
DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported the victim to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
According to a GoFundMe page set up to help Anwar’s family pay for funeral expenses, Anwar was a Pakistani immigrant. The page says he was working on an UberEats delivery when the two assailants attempted to carjack him.
The teen suspects were both arrested and charged with felony murder and armed carjacking, police said.
The girls’ identities have not been released because of their age. In a statement provided to Fox News, DC police said the girls are ages 13 and 15.
The 13-year-old is from Southeast DC, while the 15-year-old is from Fort Washington, Md., police said.
- [LLODO] Friend of Pakistani immigrant Uber Eats driver killed in DC: ‘All lives are precious’
- [LLODO] DC Capitol weapon suspect was allegedly armed with in deadly attack revealed
- [LLODO] Weapon used in DC Capitol attack that killed officer revealed
- [LLODO] Capitol attack suspect identified as Louis Farrakhan follower, Noah Green
- [LLODO] Secret Service arrests Oregon man accused of assaulting Swiss ambassador, breaking into residence
- [LLODO] Outer fencing put up after Capitol riots has now been removed, police say
- [LLODO] DC parents and kids demand schools reopen again
- [LLODO] El Chapo’s wife ordered held behind bars following international drug trafficking arrest
- [LLODO] March on Washington, 1963: What to know