Loesch argued the police officers involved should not be the ones criticized for acting in self-defense, but instead the party to blame is the adults responsible for looking after the teen.
“Adam Toledo’s life mattered enough that the people around him should not have allowed a 13-year-old child out into an alleyway in a city in the middle of the night with an armed 21-year-old who was a prohibited possessor,” she said. “No one’s having that conversation. Lives matter and they matter enough to take care of them.”
“So if everybody’s going to be going off on this cop, where are all the adults in Adam Toledo’s life right now?”
The radio host questioned what was going on behind the scenes in Toledo’s life to leave him at the mercy of gang activity.
“What’s going on in this 13-year-old child’s life that he is out with a 21-year-old?” she asked. “What’s happening here? That’s weird.”
“If Adam Toledo’s life mattered, then it is worth it to ask why didn’t the people around him value it enough, apparently, to keep him out of that alley? As a mother, I’m asking this.”
Loesch defended the cop who seemingly reacted in a “split-second” during the March 29 run-in, and mentioned his “sobbing” after realizing shots were fired at a child.Fox News contributor Leo Terrell also took to the defense of the officer and argued that since the shooting was “justified,” the case will never see criminal charges.
“It’s not a war between police and people of color,” he said. “This is a justified shooting. End of story.”
- [LLODO] Abbott tells ‘The Story’ Biden admin ‘standing by’ while Texans are ‘terrorized’ by drug cartels
- [LLODO] Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Tucker blasts Utah’s Republican governor for defense of ‘racist’ scholarship program
- [LLODO] Florida Governor Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Dog the Bounty Hunter calls for police to ‘take the lead out of the bullet,’ adopt less-lethal alternatives
- [LLODO] San Francisco parent slams California schools’ lag in reopening: ‘Zoom in a room’s a joke’
- [LLODO] Slain New Mexico police officer’s widow files wrongful death lawsuit, alleging DHS ‘botched’ operation
- [LLODO] Seattle business owner slams city officials for not doing anything to stop graffiti vandals
- [LLODO] Minnesota protester tells Fox reporter: Only way things change is ‘if people start throwing things’