Winston Weathers, 25, allegedly stabbed Denise McLaughlin, 51, in her Stamford apartment last week, authorities said. He has been charged with murder.
Her body was discovered Friday when police were performing a welfare check on her.
Her friends became concerned after not hearing from her for several days. Weathers had recently been living with his mother, authorities said.
Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Maureen Ornousky said Weathers checked himself into a psychiatric facility in New York, where he was found by police, the Stamford Advocate reported.
He allegedly confessed to the killing and is being held on a $2.5 million bond.
- [LLODO] Ohio shooting at victim’s vigil leaves at least 1 dead, others wounded: reports
- [LLODO] Las Vegas teen couple charged in killing of girl’s father
- [LLODO] Michigan police shocked by convicted murderer’s release
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police hunt for boyfriend suspected in fatal shooting of pregnant woman
- [LLODO] California mother who tortured, murdered son wants conviction tossed
- [LLODO] Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams reportedly had medication taken away before South Carolina killings
- [LLODO] South Carolina sheriff emotional recalling doctor, family slain by ex-NFL cornerback Phillip Adams
- [LLODO] North Carolina student arrested in connection to murder of his roommate, fellow student
- [LLODO] Texas man pleads guilty in murder-for-hire plot to kill his father