Last weekend, DeSantis attended the 80th anniversary of the annual event where thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country gathered. Photos of the governor were taken showing him socializing and drinking beer with other attendees.
On Monday, however, the Republican was scolded by the “CNN Newsroom” anchor for not setting a better example as the country is still combatting the coronavirus pandemic.
“We saw pictures over the weekend of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis at Daytona Bike Week. He’s not wearing a mask, he is certainly very close physically to other people who are not wearing masks,” Keilar said. “Does this make things more difficult, as your officers are facing- I mean, they’re facing violence, they’re facing resistance to people who- they want to behave like the governor’s behaving.”
Her guest, Miami Beach Police Chief Richard Clements, responded by saying his officers are wearing masks and that they’ve passed out “almost 7,000 masks” last weekend in an effort to urge others to take the virus seriously.
Throughout the pandemic, DeSantis was repeatedly attacked by the national media while Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo was showered with praise for his alleged “leadership.”
Even as Cuomo faces growing scandals, the Florida governor still has vocal media critics. “The View” co-host Sunny Hostin attempted to deflect from the Democrat’s controversies by insisting that Governor “Death-santis” should be scrutinized.
- [LLODO] Pat Robertson: Derek Chauvin should be put ‘under the jail’ for death of George Floyd
- [LLODO] Reporters on MSNBC lavish praise on Biden admin response to MN riots: ‘They care about these issues’
- [LLODO] Media Research Center debunks Georgia election law myths in new video
- [LLODO] ‘Not so peaceful’: CNN’s Don Lemon avoids using the word ‘riot,’ yet tells reporter to ‘watch her back’
- [LLODO] Brooklyn Center mayor defends media presence following Daunte Wright shooting, ongoing riots
- [LLODO] CNN crew chased away by Minnesota rioters after crew member hit in the head with water bottle
- [LLODO] ABC, CBS, NBC ignore Rashida Tlaib’s call for ‘no more policing’ following Daunte Wright’s death
- [LLODO] Hawley’s team hits NBC for ‘dishonest characterization’ of MLB All-Star move
- [LLODO] ’60 Minutes’ panned for segment using viewer mail to justify DeSantis report: ‘This is embarrassing’