Calling the cops on people who may be violating coronavirus restrictions is “un-American,” Fox News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy said on Monday, reacting to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown enforcing the law in this way ahead of Thanksgiving.
“Right now, just keeping your family Thanksgiving traditions is just an act of civil disobedience. I say just the home is sacred. What we do inside of our homes is our business and I want the government out of it.”
“This is no different than what happens if there’s a party down the street and it’s keeping everyone awake,” Brown said in an interview Friday. “What do neighbors do [in that case]? They call law enforcement because it’s too noisy. This is just like that. It’s like a violation of a noise ordinance.”
The governor ordered a two-week freeze that includes limiting indoor and outdoor gatherings to no more than six people from no more than two households in an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Campos-Duffy warned that due to “big government” and “Marxist” ideas, the “American family” has been a target for the government to “penetrate for a long time.”
“Americans care more about their grandmothers and their parents more than the government. They know how to take the right precautions to take care of grandma … I know people who were self-quarantining ahead of Thanksgiving. They’re driving instead of flying. People know how to do this and they don’t need the government and nosy neighbors turning them in.”
- [LLODO] DC restaurateur: COVID restrictions, inauguration security has my business ‘hanging on by a thread’
- [LLODO] Freshman Republican lawmaker describes her first 100 hours in Congress as ‘hell’ after riot, impeachment
- [LLODO] Florida restaurateur warns Biden $15 minimum wage plan is ‘going to destroy the hospitality industry’
- [LLODO] Florida state GOP rep on call to divest from Big Tech: We want to show ‘they have made a mistake’
- [LLODO] New Jersey gym co-owner says state seized legal defense funds amid battle over COVID fines
- [LLODO] Biden’s $1.9T stimulus plan is a ‘bailout’ for blue states’ bad lockdown policies: Waltz
- [LLODO] Scalise calls for CNN’s Tapper to apologize for ‘disgraceful’ swipe at amputee veteran Rep. Brian Mast
- [LLODO] Clyburn suggests 14th Amendment could bar Trump from holding office again
- [LLODO] Janice Dean slams Cuomo over vaccine rollout: He is focused on ‘being a celebrity instead of being a governor’