The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office’s superspreader task force made the arrests at two commercial buildings Saturday night.
Photos of the arrests posted by the sheriff’s department show some partygoers wearing face masks, and others without them.
Sheriff Alex Villanueva made clear he will “seek out and take law enforcement action against all underground party events occurring anywhere within Los Angeles County.”
KTTV reported one of the events was a “swinger’s party” in South Central Los Angeles.
The crackdowns come as California nears 1 million confirmed COVID-19 cases as the surge of hospitalizations continue to overwhelm intensive care units.
This article first appeared in the New York Post.
- [LLODO] Missouri’s COVID-19 vaccine pace for 1st dose ranks last in US, CDC estimates show
- [LLODO] California lifts regional stay-at-home order amid ‘positive signs’ of slower spread
- [LLODO] Boston College encourages student reports of coronavirus infractions, including ‘improper’ mask-wearing
- [LLODO] California’s essential workers dying in greater numbers from COVID, study finds
- [LLODO] California resident dies several hours after receiving COVID-19 vaccine; cause of death remains unclear
- [LLODO] California resident dies several hours after receiving COVID-19 vaccine
- [LLODO] Smokers prioritized for COVID-19 vaccine in Pennsylvania: officials
- [LLODO] UK chief scientist says new virus variant may be more deadly
- [LLODO] Texas doctor fired, charged with stealing COVID-19 vaccine to give to his friends, family