Jia Jia, 44, and her young daughter, Ruby Meng, were found stabbed to death inside their Rancho Cucamonga home on March 7.
On April 13, San Bernardino County Sheriffs pulled over Jacob Alan Wright, 19, on a traffic violation, during which he was identified as a suspect in the double murder. He was arrested on the spot.
Detectives immediately secured a search warrant for Wright’s home and conducted a thorough interview, after which he was booked on charges of murder and attempted murder.
Wright is currently being held without bail at West Valley Detention Center.
Deputies first responded to the double murder call and found “several people” inside the home with stab wounds or lacerations. Jia Jia and her daughter were pronounced dead at the scene.
A 38-year-old was transported to the hospital for treatment of her injuries, from which she recovered.
Detectives worked around the clock to discover the suspect and motive for the murder, determining only that a “male suspect” was responsible, thanks to security footage taken in the neighborhood, FOX 11 reported.
Authorities made little progress over the following weeks until the chance encounter with Wright.
No relationship has yet been established between Wright and the victims, and a motive remains unknown, authorities said.
Evidence suggests that Wright acted alone, authorities said.
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting