A Texas business owner slammed the Biden administration and local officials on Friday, telling “America Reports” that their handling of the ongoing border crisis has featured “everything but transparency.”
“Our city council members, the city of Carrizo Springs is not informing us as to why we’re having busloads of people [go] through the town, why our city water is being filled up, down the street from my house, with tanker trucks that is being hauled over there [to the migrants] with no explanation,” gym owner Rebekah Pullara told host Sandra Smith.
“It just seems with all this talk about transparency, it’s everything but transparency.”
Pullara added that residents have been noticing “a lot of illegal activity” as well as “numerous traffic accidents.”
“Our sheriff’s department is doing a really good job of keeping us updated where our city officials have kind of dropped the ball with letting us know why we’re seeing this,” she said. “It’s just crickets, dead silent.”
U.S. Custom’s and Border Protection’s Del Rio Sector has already reported 12 assaults this year, compared to 21 assaults that occurred throughout the entirety of 2020.
“These people are coming into this community, and how are we being reassured that we are being kept safe?” Pullara asked. “We’re absolutely not.”
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and a bipartisan delegation of senators were visiting El Paso, Texas, Friday to evaluate the situation, but are barring access to the media due to “privacy and COVID-19 precautions.”
Human rights advocates have also expressed concern with the lack of transparency, saying it’s “troubling” that they are not allowing access for those looking to check in on the conditions of more than 13,000 migrant children who have been detained.
Fox News’ Cameron Cawthorne contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] Abbott tells ‘The Story’ Biden admin ‘standing by’ while Texans are ‘terrorized’ by drug cartels
- [LLODO] Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Tucker blasts Utah’s Republican governor for defense of ‘racist’ scholarship program
- [LLODO] Florida Governor Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Dana Loesch explodes on Adam Toledo’s absent guardians leading up to fatal shooting: Where are the adults?
- [LLODO] Dog the Bounty Hunter calls for police to ‘take the lead out of the bullet,’ adopt less-lethal alternatives
- [LLODO] San Francisco parent slams California schools’ lag in reopening: ‘Zoom in a room’s a joke’
- [LLODO] Slain New Mexico police officer’s widow files wrongful death lawsuit, alleging DHS ‘botched’ operation
- [LLODO] Seattle business owner slams city officials for not doing anything to stop graffiti vandals