“If the investigation confirms the claims of the women, should he resign?” ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos asked Tuesday. More of the interview was scheduled to air on the network Wednesday morning.
“Yes,” Biden responded. “I think he’ll probably end up being prosecuted, too.”
“How about right now?” Stephanopoulos pressed, citing the growing calls for Cuomo’s resignation from prominent New York Democrats such as U.S. Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, who have argued Cuomo cannot be “an effective governor” amid the scandals.
“That’s a judgment for them to make,” Biden responded.
“A woman should be presumed to be telling the truth and should not be scapegoated and become victimized by her coming forward,” Biden continued. “But there should be an investigation to determine whether what she says is true. That’s what’s going on now.”
“And you’ve been very clear, if the investigation confirms the claims, he’s gone,” Stephanopoulos followed.
“That’s what I think happens,” Biden responded. “And, by the way, it may very well be that there could be a criminal prosecution that is attached to it. … I’ve started with the presumption [that] it takes a lot of courage for a woman to come forward. Some are not … anyway. It takes a lot of courage to come forward and so the presumption is [that] it should be taken seriously and it should be investigated. And that’s what’s underway now.”
Seven women have come forward in recent weeks accusing the embattled Democrat of unwanted touching, inappropriate comments, forcibly kissing an aide on the lips, and groping a staffer at the governor’s mansion.
Cuomo, however, remains defiant and is resisting calls to resign, blaming “cancel culture” while calling for the investigation to continue.
Meanwhile, his nursing home scandal also continues to grow as his administration is being accused of covering up the state’s COVID nursing home deaths following his controversial policy ordering assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients.
- [LLODO] Widening ‘trust gap’ between public, media: reports
- [LLODO] SFGate makes convoluted correction to story on home-invading bear: ‘A bear that is brown, not a brown bear’
- [LLODO] Pat Robertson: Derek Chauvin should be put ‘under the jail’ for death of George Floyd
- [LLODO] Reporters on MSNBC lavish praise on Biden admin response to MN riots: ‘They care about these issues’
- [LLODO] Media Research Center debunks Georgia election law myths in new video
- [LLODO] ‘Not so peaceful’: CNN’s Don Lemon avoids using the word ‘riot,’ yet tells reporter to ‘watch her back’
- [LLODO] Brooklyn Center mayor defends media presence following Daunte Wright shooting, ongoing riots
- [LLODO] CNN crew chased away by Minnesota rioters after crew member hit in the head with water bottle
- [LLODO] ABC, CBS, NBC ignore Rashida Tlaib’s call for ‘no more policing’ following Daunte Wright’s death