An estranged husband shot his wife in the parking lot of a Baton Rouge, Louisana doctor’s office before turning the gun on himself, a spokesperson for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday.
The husband died, while the wife sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The shooting happened around 2:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
Eyewitnesses told WBRZ, the ABC affiliated TV station in Baton Rouge, they heard six or seven gunshots.
“You could hear like this lady screamed, like this bloody murder scream like a scream I’ve never heard before,” one eyewitness told BRProud.
- [LLODO] Long Island cop in critical condition after being stabbed during traffic stop
- [LLODO] 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes
- [LLODO] Arkansas woman confesses 18 years later: Missing mother, child were murdered by my husband
- [LLODO] Rhode Island man accused of killing ex-Olympic chiropractor blames his therapist in lawsuit
- [LLODO] AWOL Army soldier tried to bring gun on flight, claimed to be law enforcement officer, prosecutors say
- [LLODO] Slain South Carolina doctor wrote of faith, life’s fragility
- [LLODO] Ex-Giants wide receiver Travis Rudolph remains in custody on murder charge as new details emerge: report
- [LLODO] Kids committing more carjackings and violent crimes amid remote schooling, court slowdowns: experts
- [LLODO] Texas mom confesses to killing daughters, 1 and 6, by smothering them, police say