Satellite views suggested ash emissions from the Semisopochnoi volcano that started in the morning are continuing with no decrease in intensity. The observatory listed the volcano being under a watch.
The ash cloud extends more than 217 miles (350 kilometers) southeast of the volcano and has reached heights of up to 20,000 feet (6 kilometers) above sea level, the observatory said.
Adak is about 160 miles (257 kilometers) east of the volcano.
- [LLODO] Alaska’s Murkowski to face GOP challenge from state official Kelly Tshibaka
- [LLODO] Alaska GOP censures Murkowski, says it will recruit primary challenger
- [LLODO] Dallas Seavey wins Iditarod, matches most wins by a musher
- [LLODO] Alaska first state to open vaccines to all adults
- [LLODO] Alaska’s Iditarod will begin Saturday with no spectators, coronavirus precautions
- [LLODO] Murkowski backs Haaland despite ‘misgivings’ about oil, gas restrictions for Alaska