The child was grazed to the head by a bullet shot in her direction by a male suspect on Montauk Avenue near New Lots Avenue in East New York at around 6:05 p.m., according to law enforcement sources.
The victim was taken to Brookdale Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, authorities said.
Cops were on the lookout for the shooter on Monday night as the investigation continued.
A witness who lives on the block, Ebony Anderson, said she saw a man open fire while standing near a silver car with its trunk open.
“A guy just turned around and started shooting,” said Anderson, who was unloading groceries when the suspect started shooting.
“It just happened so fast,” she said. “I was on the phone with my parents and saw my daughter come out of the house and had her run back into the house.”
To read more from The New York Post, click here.
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’
- [LLODO] Dalton headmaster quits while Brearley dad writes scathing letter
- [LLODO] New York City saw jumps in murders, shootings in March as police grapple with gun violence
- [LLODO] Derek Chauvin trial: NYPD has spent nearly a year preparing for verdict protests
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] 4 suspected MS-13 gang members stopped after NYC police see them lugging blanket-wrapped body to car: sources
- [LLODO] Priest at helm of NYC’s prestigious Regis HS getting ousted over sex-misconduct claims
- [LLODO] New York men harassing, mocking NYPD cops in alarming video