Each of the schools received a white envelope with the address handwritten in block letters that contained the suspicious substance, later found to be harmless, according to the NYPD.
“It appears that the motive of the sender is to cause disruption and alarm,” cops said in a statement.
Image 1 of 2
Image 2 of 2
One of the incidents happened Tuesday morning at River Park Nursery School on the Upper West Side, Patch reported.
All 19 children and four staffers inside the building on Amsterdam Avenue near 95th Street were evacuated.
Cops didn’t provide any information on a possible suspect.
People who receive suspicious mail should not handle the packages and should immediately call 911 instead, the NYPD warned.
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’
- [LLODO] Dalton headmaster quits while Brearley dad writes scathing letter
- [LLODO] New York City saw jumps in murders, shootings in March as police grapple with gun violence
- [LLODO] Derek Chauvin trial: NYPD has spent nearly a year preparing for verdict protests
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] 4 suspected MS-13 gang members stopped after NYC police see them lugging blanket-wrapped body to car: sources
- [LLODO] Priest at helm of NYC’s prestigious Regis HS getting ousted over sex-misconduct claims
- [LLODO] New York men harassing, mocking NYPD cops in alarming video