Members of the D.C. Fire Department and EMS responded to reports of a fire at a home near the 2300 Block of Good Hope Court in Southeast, and moments later, police were dispatched to reports of a shooting, according to the MPD.
Police discovered one woman suffering from a gunshot wound in the parking lot, and she was transported to a nearby hospital and survived her injuries.
Authorities also discovered two additional females — Wanda Wright, 48, and Ebony Wright, 32, of Southeast, D.C. — with gunshot wounds. The two women died as a result of their injuries.
Executive Assistant Chief Ashan Benedict said during a Monday night press briefing that a 3-month-old baby was also rescued from the scene.
Benedict also said he believed the shooting was a “domestic incident,” and that police think the suspect started the fire, though police are still investigating.
The MPD is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for anyone with information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the suspect. Anyone can call 202-727-9099 with tips or send anonymous information via text message to 50411.
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting