The vehicle was being driven by a 22-year-old man around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, according to a report.
They were in the northbound lanes of the road which runs alongside the Lake Michigan shoreline when they wiped out at a curve, the station reported. The vehicle then flipped over and caught fire.
The driver escaped with minor injuries as did his passenger, a 20-year-old man.
Policed said they were in good condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Fox 32 Chicago reported.
“Vehicle rented for the weekend,” the CFD’s office of public information tweeted. “Please observe posted speed limits!”
- [LLODO] Chicago-area shooting outside UPS facility leaves 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide, police say
- [LLODO] Chicago gunman who allegedly killed 3, wounded 4, posted bizarre videos before rampage: reports
- [LLODO] Chicago mayor, police union leader clash over defense of Capitol rioters
- [LLODO] Dozens shot in Chicago, 5 murdered over holiday weekend
- [LLODO] Illinois man chases down stolen vehicle overnight; two teens shot, one killed in parking lot struggle
- [LLODO] Chicago schools push forward with reopening plan despite teachers union, city council objections
- [LLODO] Chicago Teachers Union leader under fire for pushing remote schooling while vacationing in Caribbean
- [LLODO] Chicago mayor meets with victim of botched, ‘unacceptable’ police raid
- [LLODO] Emails show Chicago mayor knew of ‘bad’ botched raid in November 2019