On Friday, interested buyers visited the closed Clementon Amusement Park & Splash World — about 30 minutes outside Philadelphia — to check out the park and its inventory ahead of its public auction Tuesday, according to recent reports.
NJ.com reported that the park has almost 400 items on its inventory, including a 40-person arc swing, a 360-degree loop ride, a ferris wheel and a train system complete with cooled propane engine, rail system and three 18-foot long cars.
Capital Recovery Group (CRG) first announced that it was putting the park up for auction in February.
According to that announcement, the 22-acre theme park “will be auctioned in its entirety or will be sold as land, equipment, rides, buildings and liquor license in pieces.”
“We are actively seeking a buyer for this iconic park located outside of Philadelphia and expect significant interest in the auction,” CRG President Bill Firestone said in February. “The property includes a 25-acre lake, dam, amusement rides, a water park and a full liquor license.”
According to the CRG website, the property is being promoted as a “turnkey or redevelopment opportunity.”
CRG Vice President Gary Katz told NJ.com there has been plenty of interest in the park.
“We’ve had a lot of interest in the rides and smaller items,” Katz told the website. “There have been people who talk about reopening it up and others for development opportunities. I’ve taken a tremendous amount of calls, so we’ll wait and see.”
Clementon Park was founded in 1907 and added the water park in later years. The amusement park closed in September 2019.
According to NJ.com, Clementon Park was assessed at $4.25 million in 2019.
- [LLODO] Guest on Tennessee mountain coaster injured after flying out of cart, landing on track
- [LLODO] Universal Studios Hollywood to reopen on April 16
- [LLODO] Bear visits Tennessee theme park for stroll along treetop walkway, video shows
- [LLODO] Slingshot ride malfunction leaves Florida teens suspended 30-40 feet in the air
- [LLODO] 114-year-old New Jersey theme park sold at auction for $2.37 million
- [LLODO] California theme park association hoping to ‘mitigate’ screaming when amusements, thrill rides reopen
- [LLODO] California theme parks allowed to reopen as early as April 1
- [LLODO] Legoland Florida to open Peppa Pig theme park based on animated children’s show
- [LLODO] ‘A Touch of Disney’: Disneyland announces dates, details of ticketed food experience