Sanctions from the US government continuously hit Huawei, causing the smartphone business of this technology giant to suffer and is no longer the mainstay of its business.
No longer focusing on smartphones, but not so that this Chinese technology company stops. Instead, it has turned to new directions for its future. This was just revealed during the Huawei Global Analysts Summit (HAS 2022) held in Shenzhen yesterday.
At the event, Mr. Ken Hu – Huawei’s Rotating Chairman gave a keynote speech on Huawei’s approach to innovation and building an increasingly greener smart world. Mr. Ken Hu said: “Huawei will strengthen its innovative approach, equipping all industries to become more digital and intelligent, and build a lower-carbon world. This is the key to Huawei’s future development as a global corporation“.
Here are 03 initiatives shared by President Ken Hu at HAS 2022:
1. Continuous innovation and industry promotion
– In the field of connectivity, Huawei continues to promote the development of the industry. The company announced its vision to bring 10 Gbps connectivity anywhere with 5.5G and F5.5G, and announced the next evolution in wireless and fixed networks. Combined, these efforts will support a wider range of niche network requirements, including a more immersive connection experience in the home, as well as the low latency and high reliability required for regulated connections. industrial control.
– On the computing front, Huawei is redefining the system architecture for individual nodes, platform software, and data centers in an effort to significantly increase system performance and energy efficiency.
– In terms of cloud services, Huawei is building MetaStudio, a cloud-based end-to-end digital content pipeline that accelerates digital content production.
In terms of devices, Huawei aims to provide consumers with “user-centered” smart experiences in all aspects of life. Huawei calls this a “Seamless AI Life” experience that leverages the intersection of the physical and digital worlds.
2. Dive into digital transformation to create new value for customers
– Huawei is adapting products and product categories to different industry scenarios. At the same time, the company will begin to integrate and pre-test all products, complete all complex stages before delivery, to make digital transformation easier for customers and partners. With the Huawei Cloud platform, Huawei aims to deliver “Everything as a Service”, turning infrastructure, technology and expertise into cloud-based services and making cloud migration simple. for customers of all industries.
– Huawei is also building integrated teams of experts focused on specific industries, bringing them close to customers’ business challenges, and then working closely with Huawei’s resources. horizontal partners, such as partner products and capabilities. The goal is to provide industry-specific digital transformation solutions and respond more quickly to customer needs.
3. Optimizing electricity supply and consumption with digital technology to reduce carbon
– Huawei is redefining the photovoltaic (PV) field with artificial intelligence, cloud and other capabilities to accelerate renewable energy production.
– Huawei is also developing system-level low-carbon solutions for green IT infrastructure, focusing on wireless base stations and data centers.
Going forward, Huawei will promote aggressive strategies that will strengthen business resilience and ensure steady growth. “We must keep the ball rolling with our relentless efforts to innovate, create value for customers and society. Huawei looks forward to working more closely with customers and partners to build a greener and smarter world”, emphasized Chairman Ken Hu.
In addition to its innovation strategy, Huawei also shares a far-reaching vision for the future and a number of explorations the company is undertaking to achieve that vision. Dr. Zhou Hong – President of Huawei’s Strategic Research Institute said:Everything we imagine today could very well be too conservative – too little – for tomorrow. We must foretell the future with bolder assumptions and visions, but be careful when undoing the knots of theory and technology. This is the only way forward“.