In that case, knowing my hand, immediately taking things out of the sofa to sleep for my wife to know my face, at least I am the breadwinner of this family. That’s all in my heart, but it’s very cold out here, so I immediately called the professional chef of a 5-star restaurant to ask for guidance for my wife to see better. Whether it’s best when shopping to choose a pan for the kitchen that’s big and expensive, or just need a little tip.
Experience choosing a good pan
There is no need to choose an expensive non-stick pan, because it cannot withstand high temperatures, not economical. Not to mention when using the wrong way or poor quality pan, the non-stick coating of the pan comes off and mixes with food, which can cause cancer. Instead, you should choose pans made with materials (cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, sometimes also choose stainless steel pans…). So what is the reason?
– Cast iron pan : can withstand high temperatures, keep heat for a long time and evenly diffuse the temperature on the surface of the pan. However, the disadvantage of the pan is its relatively heavy weight.
– Carbon steel pan or stainless steel pan : can withstand high temperatures, lighter weight than cast iron pans, but does not hold heat as long.
Choosing a pan with a larger size for the amount of food or processing will be better, because it can be easily turned- over the food, helping the food to cook quickly, evenly, and absorb more spices. The even heat distribution also helps us to control the temperature well, limiting unwanted burning when cooking.
Experience when using an effective and super durable pan
– Preheat the pan before starting to cook.
– Heat oil and grease before adding ingredients.
– Make sure the ingredients are drained before putting them in the pan.
– Only cook a sufficient amount of ingredients for the size of the pan, do not cram more to ensure that the food is cooked evenly, limiting burning or undercooked.
– Always coat a thin layer of oil and grease to preserve the pan, do not let the surface of the pan dry and oxidize (when using a cast iron pan).
Clean and store pans properly
Minimize cooking acid-containing foods such as (lemon, vinegar, etc.) because the acid will lose the natural non-stick coating of the pan (cast iron, carbon steel…).
Do not use detergents. Just rinse with hot water, drain and then lightly coat a layer of oil/fat on the surface of the pan and you’re done.
Add granulated salt to hot roast, so that the salt absorbs all the oil. Burnt fat is stuck on the surface of the pan. Then coat with a layer of hot oil/fat, use dry paper or a clean towel to wipe gently.
In addition, if any family still uses a regular non-stick pan, it is advisable to let the pan cool down before cleaning, because when the pan is hot, washing with cold water will make the surface of the non-stick layer easy to peel off.
Above are some small experiences that professional chefs, using to preserve and clean the pan, if you find it appropriate, you can follow. Or you can use regular pans, as long as you find it suitable for you.