Twenty of the world’s most famous film festivals will feature their content. The Berlin International Film Festival, Cannes Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Tokyo International Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, Jerusalem Film Festival and Venice Film Festival will all be presenting. The digital festival will feature films, shorts, documentaries, comedies, music and conversations. A full schedule of events will be posted on the festival’s YouTube page soon.
“One of the most unique and inspiring aspects of the world staying home is our ability to come together and experience an event as one, and We Are One: A Global Film Festival is just that,” Robert Kyncl, chief business officer of YouTube, said in a release.
The film festival will benefit the World Health Organization COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
“We often talk about film’s uniquely powerful role in inspiring and uniting people across borders and differences to help heal the world. All of the world needs healing right now,” said Jane Rosenthal, Tribeca Enterprises and Tribeca Film Festival co-founder and CEO. Tribeca also organized and produced the festival.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing