The demo covers the opening mission, in which beautiful-haired hero Cloud Strife joins eco-terrorist group Avalanche to blow up a reactor run by planet-destroying megacorporation Shinra. In addition to reuniting you with Cloud, Barret and the gang, this section gives you the chance to try out theuntil you beat the game’s first boss.
Unlike the Nintendo Switch last year, you won’t be able to carry your progress over into the full game.Square Enix released on
If you download the demo before May 11, you’ll be able to get an exclusive theme from April 10 — the day the game itself hits PS4. However, it won’t give us the whole story — the remake is being released episodically and the first part will only bring us up to the end of the Midgar section. Square Enix hasn’t said whenwill come out, nor do we know how many episodes the adventure will be divided into.
The original game came out on the first PlayStation in 1997 and fans have been crying out for a remake .
First published March 3, 1:25 a.m. PT.
Updated 2:15 a.m. PT: Adds more detail.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing