You may know Away for its chic hardshell bags, for its carry-on cases with integrated (but pop-out) batteries — and for its high prices and seemingly never having sales. Well, the global pandemic might be having an effect on the luggage company, because right now, with its entire inventory marked down 15%, 30% and 50%.
Away isn’t heading into this sale half-heartedly: You might expect mostly limited reductions and a few token bags getting the half-off treatment, but, nope, it turns out that most of the site is either 30% or 50% off, with a substantial number of items 50% off. The sale runs now through Sept. 15.
These bags are selling out fast — in just a day or so, most of the bags I had my eye on have disappeared. Here are a few of the remaining deals worth checking out. Remeber that in most cases, there are multiple colors to choose from at each discount level (50%, 30% and 15% off).
Designed to fit in most overhead bins, this bag has a polycarbonate hard shell and 360-degree spinner wheels. It’s available in three colors at 50% off and you can opt for the version with or without a pop-out battery for the same price.
This carry-on bag has a softside exterior made from water-resistant nylon that includes a TSA-approved combination lock, top and side handles, plus a slip handle on its base.
This canvas duffle has a shoe compartment, a 15-inch laptop sleeve and pockets both inside and out. It includes a trolley sleeve for securing it to either the Medium or Large checked-bag suitcases, and also fits in the overhead bin.
This article was first published earlier this week. It has been updated to accurately reflect the remaining sale inventory.
Read more: See all the latest Away coupons.
CNET’s deal team scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing