This year’s Extreme Rules isn’t actually called Extreme Rules. Rather, it’s The Horror Show at Extreme Rules. I’m getting that out of the way now so I can never write those words ever again. Yet that may not be the dumbest part of the show, which airs Sunday. We’ve got an Eye for an Eye match between Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio, in which WWE expects us to believe someone will lose an eye, and a Wyatt Swamp Fight between Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman.
The latter confrontation could be fun, continuing WWE’s COVID-19 tradition of making a short film out of a match. I’m less sold on Eye for an Eye. But we do have something to legitimately look forward to: Asuka defending her Raw Women’s title against Sasha Banks. It’s sure to rock. Drew McIntyre’s WWE Championship match against Dolph Ziggler could be good, too.
Extreme Rules takes place in WWE’s Performance Center, in Orlando, Florida. The main card starts both days at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. If you’re a paid WWE Network subscriber — at $9.99 a month — you can watch Extreme Rules live for no extra cost. Otherwise, you’ll need to contact your local cable provider.
Viewers in the UK will have to stay up late to watch Extreme Rules as the show starts midnight Sunday UK time. Extreme Rules starts for Australians at 9 a.m. AEST on Monday.
- WWE Championship match: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Wyatt Swamp Fight: Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt
- Raw Women’s Championship match: Asuka (c) vs. Sasha Banks
- SmackDown Women’s Championship match: Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross
- Eye for an Eye match: Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio
- United States Championship: Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP
How to watch: WWE Network
You can start (or restart) a subscription to the WWE Network here:
The monthly price is $9.99 (US) or £9.99 (UK). New subscribers used to get a free month, but that’s no longer the case now that there’s a free tier (which pay-per-view events are now covered by, sadly).
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing