ROCKFORD, Ill (WIFR)— Cutting edge technology is being added to the Winnebago County Jail.
A full body scanner was added to the booking process at the jail. The body scanner allows officers to detect object such as drugs, weapons and other contraband.
“Even though we pat them down and we do the best that we can with the searches, if you swallow something or if you put something in one of your cavities we’re not able to find it,” says sergeant Anthony Ponte.
Being a large facility, officials found it essential to bring this technology to the county jail.
“We’re one of the largest ones in the state so again it’s just prudent to make sure we’re doing the right thing,” says Sheriff Gary Caruana.
Sheriff Caruana says he will continue to use the latest in technology if it means more safety.
“I’m all about technology and lets use this to our advantage for again the safety of the inmates and the officers,” says Caruana.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing