Twenty one years have passed since cyberpunk action movie The Matrix opened in US theaters on March 31, 1999. (It debuted on April 8 in Australia and June 11 in the UK.) To celebrate the , fans can watch not only The Matrix, but also The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, on Netflix starting at midnight.
The Matrix movie trilogy stars Keanu Reeves as hero Neo, a computer programmer and cybercriminal who meets the mysterious Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), who offer him the truth about his reality.
Humans are actually living in a kind of virtual reality dream world called the Matrix that feeds off of every human’s life force without them knowing. It’s up to Neo to disrupt the Matrix and save humanity from their slavery.
Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions, the follow-ups to the first film, both hit theaters in 2003.
One of the newer kind of effects created for The Matrix was called “Bullet Time,” or time-slice photography. For the film effect, time appears to have slowed down during an action scene to show high-speed objects such as gun bullets to be seen by viewers.
Now is a great time for fans to catch up on The Matrix movie trilogy on Netflix considering a is already in the works with Reeves and Moss as Neo and Trinity, and Lana Wachowski on board to produce, direct and co-write the new film.
With the temporarydue to concerns surrounding the spread of the the new movie’s original May 21, 2021 release date could end up being moved.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com