WhatsApp’s seen a major reduction in viral messages since it TechCrunch. The spread of “highly forwarded” messages on the service has dropped by 70% globally, a spokesperson told the site.on message forwarding earlier this month, according to
The Facebook-owned service pushed back against misinformation linked to theby introducing friction into the message forwarding process — if you get a message that’s been forwarded more than five times, you can only forward it to one chat at a time.
Prior to that tweak, you could send such messages to five chats at a time — thewas added last year after in India were linked to false information that spread on the app.
WhatsApp didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com