WhatsApp is about to get easier on the eyes. The Facebook-owned messaging service launched on Tuesdsay a much-requested dark mode for iOS and Android devices worldwide, and it’s highlighting the update with Paul Simon.
Dark mode is meant to reduce eye strain in low-light environments, and WhatsApp marked the feature’s arrival with a video showing people getting surprised by super-bright, non-dark mode screens. The video is set to a previously unreleased Simon-only version of 1965 classic The Sound of Silence.
If you haveor , you can enable WhatsApp’s dark mode in system settings. People using Android 9 or lower can find it in the app’s settings, by going to chats, then theme.
In 2018, Google noted that dark mode canon devices with OLED displays.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing