If you’ve sent actor Chris Pratt an email lately, you may want to resend it. On Wednesday, the Guardians of the Galaxy star accidentally deleted 51,000 emails, sharing the boneheaded moment in a video posted to his Instagram Stories. Although Instagram Stories only last for 24 hours, fans captured Pratt’s stunned reaction and shared the video on social media.
“Fifty-one thousand messages are in the trash,” a bug-eyed Pratt says, as the number of emails rapidly shoots toward zero. “Oh fuck. What did I do? It’s just deleting them all. All my email. Oh my god. This could be a real nightmare.”
Pratt tries to look on the bright side, though. After sitting with a stunned look on his face, he finally shakes his head and declares, “Fresh start.”
The whole mess began when Pratt’s 7-year-old son, Jack, teased his dad for having 35,000 unread emails.
Apparently the actor was trying to sort through his massive mail log, setting a goal of dealing with 1,000 emails per day. But somehow, he ended up deleting everything.
Many fans wondered if Pratt might be able to just restore the emails from his trash folder. The video shows a heading of TRASH and the number of emails going down, which would seem to show he’s emptying the entire trash folder, but he hasn’t posted an update or clarification. Even if the email is retrievable, this seems like a very Star-Lord/Peter Quill type of mistake.
And if you’re looking for an appropriate Guardians quote, you bet there’s one. In the original 2014 film, Pratt’s character slowly gives John C. Reilly the finger while telling him, “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know how this machine worked.”
We get you, Quill. Machines are confusing.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing