In the words of Pierce Hawthorne, Community’s virtual table read was “streets ahead.” Five years after the sitcom about a community college where no one actually did any work (except Annie) came to an end, the cast and creator of Community gathered their Zoom screens together for a virtual table read. Watch it on YouTube now.
Creator Dan Harmon read the scene descriptions, while the cast — Donald Glover, Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Jim Rash and Ken Jeong — all reenacted episode 4 of season 5, Cooperative Polygraphy, aka the bottle episode where they sit around the study table and read Pierce Hawthorne’s will.
No Chevy Chase, but he was there in spirit, andPedro Pascal stepped in to play Walton Goggins’ part as Mr. Stone, Pierce’s executor.
The reading came together in an effort to help raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts. A Q and A followed, as well as an even looser cast chat, which Ken Jeong and Joel McHale uploaded a couple of weeks ago to their YouTube channel The Darkest Timeline. The cast tell stories about shooting the show, which ran for six seasons from 2009 to 2015, and Donald Glover demonstrates his expertise with Zoom backgrounds. It’s not PG.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing