Sales on various legacy models of the Apple Watch come and go on a regular basis, but when we see the Series 5 pop up on our deal radar, it’s more of an event. The last time we told you about a discount on the Series 5, it was on the cellular model, which admittedly appeals to a smaller audience, since that means you have to pony up for a cellular plan for your watch in addition to your phone. But right now, Amazon has something you might want to see: You can get the Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS version) for $355. That’s a savings of $44 off the usual price of $399. Apple is still selling the watch at its regular price, so this represents a pretty great deal.
$355 buys you the 40mm space gray aluminum case with a black sports band. The 44mm case is also discounted right now — select the 44mm version of the Apple Watch on the product page and the price jumps to $385, down from the usual $429.
The Series 5 is notable mainly because it includes a first for Apple’s smartwatch series: An always-on display. Virtually everything else on the Watch debuted in older models, like the Series 4’s ECG monitor and the compass which has been around since the Series 3 (albeit in a less obvious way). You can read our full review of the Apple Watch Series 5 to learn more.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- [LLODO] Florida golfer, 74, apparently drowns after searching for missing ball
- [LLODO] This Day in History: March 1
- [LLODO] CA teachers union president who led school closure charge seen dropping daughter off at in-person preschool
- [LLODO] Plastic surgeon appears in court video call while performing surgery
- [LLODO] Cuomo claims he was being ‘playful,’ admits might have been ‘insensitive’ amid harassment allegations
- [LLODO] 3 Kansas police officers injured by modified shotgun inside vacant home: cops
- [LLODO] Eastern US faces flash flooding risk, warmer-than-average temperatures
- [LLODO] Girl, 4, found alone on NYC sidewalk is still unclaimed three days later