Walmart. What doesn’t sell or provide? Well, soon, it will provide a place of entertainment in the form of drive-in move theaters.
Yes, the massive retail chain apparently plans to operate drive-in theaters at its Supercenters across the US starting next month, according to a teaser internet page published July 1. Walmart followed up the webpage with a tweet announcing the “select” stores will turn into drive-in theaters, thanks to a partnership with with Tribeca. There isn’t a lot of additional information, but these theaters will also include car-side popcorn and beverage services, too.
Walmart did not immediately respond to a request for more information on the drive-ins.
These drive-ins will pop up around the US as a “safe, socially distanced” form of entertainment, the website reads. What movies or shows the retailer plans to show remains unknown. However, Tribeca’s Drive-In initiative set to kick off at numerous areas around the US includes a ton of classic films such asand . Mixed in are films such as , Superbad and special live comedy events.
The coolest things you can get at Walmart for under $50
- The best office chairs to buy in 2020
- Uber and Lyft threaten to halt service in California if forced to reclassify drivers
- Shroud your internet with privacy: Get two years of TunnelBear VPN for $85
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ongoing review: Everything I love so far (and some of what I don’t)
- UFC 252 Miocic vs. Cormier: Start time, how to watch or stream online and full fight card
- Facebook, Google, Twitter team up on election security ahead of RNC and DNC
- 2021 Hyundai Elantra N Line looks sharp and has performance to match
- Pinterest’s former COO sues for alleged gender discrimination
- New Avatar 2 photos reveal gigantic set