Protecting customers’ financial information has never been more imperative.
As the retail industry becomes increasingly online, both buyers and sellers are looking for ways to make transactions more secure. Data breaches have been a major concern for both retailers and customers alike, and millions of consumers’ credit card information has already been compromised.
Tokenization could be an easy and practical solution to bolstering the security of transactions, said Head of Global Seller Solutions at VISA, Inc., Mary Kay Bowman, at IGNITION: Redefining Retail, Business Insider’s retail conference.
Tokenization is a technology that replaces customer information stored on POS systems with unique identifications. This method of data storage makes it much harder for hackers to access consumer data.
“The whole playing field is changing,” said Bowman. She said that VISA doesn’t have a horse in the race when it comes to e-commerce versus physical retail. That’s not VISA’s role, she said. Tokenization is a technology that Bowman hopes will be applicable no matter the kind of transaction.
“What our role in that is,” said Bowman, “Is to support it all and make those transactions safe, secure, fast, and reliable.”
“That’s what sellers want from us, and that’s what consumers want from us,” Bowman continued. “Tokenization is something we think is driving a lot of the other experiences, because it just works.”
- A2Z Technologies Enters into Contract with Nasdaq-Listed Israel Defense Technology Company – Yahoo Finance
- New Technology Firm Focuses on Global Carrier Management Market – Yahoo Finance
- Technology Reporter – CALmatters
- The Big Story in Construction Technology May not be What You Think… – Yahoo Finance
- Only Telephones Are Good – The Atlantic
- Influencers: Influencers In Technology – GlobeSt.com
- Analysis | The Technology 202: Iowa caucus delays test tech companies’ policies on falsehoods – The Washington Post
- Six Technology Trends That Will Shape Businesses In 2020 – Forbes
- The forefront of technology innovation – PMLiVE