Verizon has announced a new 5G hotspot for homes and businesses, with the straight up, or $16.66 per month for 24 months. The by comparison. The new device also has a better screen and can support low-band spectrum that’s coming soon.
Verizon’s new 5G hotspot can connect up to 30 devices via Wi-Fi 6, and. With a direct tether to the modem using its USB-C port, you can get access to the 5G network on your phone, tablet or laptop.
The hotspot is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G modem and a 3500mAh battery if you want to take it on the go with you. A separate 8500mAh battery will be available later this year. The MiFi M2100 has a 2.4-inch touchscreen display.
Verizon’s 5G network is only available in certain parts of 35 cities — you can check out Verizon’s 5G coverage map here.
The three major US carriers are each using different radio waves for their 5G networks. Verizon uses high-band millimeter-wave 5G spectrum, which is limited to traveling short distances and being blocked by solid obstacles like buildings and trees. AT&T uses 850MHz spectrum for its low-band 5G network, which has better range but slower speeds, while T-Mobile also uses low-band 600MHz spectrum but is now also integrating Sprint’s midband 2.5GHz spectrum for its “layer cake” approach to 5G since the carrier’s $26.5 billion merger with Sprint went through in April.
AT&T and Verizon will also be employing a new technology called Dynamic Spectrum Sharing to share low-band 4G airwaves with 5G and improve performance, with . Midband spectrum is faster than low-band, and travels further than high-band.
From Samsung to Motorola: 5G phones you can get right now
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing