Unisys honors Mark Cohn with research fund
Unisys Corp. on Friday announced the formation of the Mark L. Cohn Research Fund to honor the career and legacy of the late Mark L. Cohn, chief technology officer of Unisys Federal.
Cohn, 66, died July 14 from lung cancer. He worked for Unisys for 34 years and held a variety of positions. He also was very active in the government contracting community, particularly around the topic of cybersecurity.
The research fund was formed under the auspices of the Professional Services Council Foundation and will be used to promote innovation through research, with a primary focus on research on cybersecurity and emerging technologies.
The fund will take applications from researchers at accredited graduate and post-graduate programs as well as non-profit entities. The research must benefit government and industry.
The PSC Foundation will create an advisory board to advise the foundation on research topics to be funded.
“Mark was a true patriot who dedicated his career to securing our country and its IT infrastructure,” said Venkatapathi “PV” Puvvada, president of Unisys Federal. “By establishing this fund to support next-generation innovation in support of government as well as the private sector, we can extend his legacy into the future to address the nation’s evolving cybersecurity challenges.”
Anyone interested in donating to the Mark L. Cohn Research Fund can visit www.professionalservicescouncilfoundation.org or address their donations to: Professional Services Council Foundation; Attn: Mark L. Cohn Research Fund; 4401 Wilson Blvd, Suite 1110; Arlington, Virginia 22203.
Posted by Nick Wakeman on Jul 26, 2019 at 11:15 AM
- [LLODO] Biden gets boost from Wisconsin recount that cost Trump $3M
- [LLODO] Ohio certifies presidential election results, Trump win
- [LLODO] Ilhan Omar accuses journalist Glenn Greenwald of ‘weird assertion’ for saying she defended John Brennan, Logan
- [LLODO] Jay Lowder: COVID had me in its grip, my daughter was hospitalized and more – why am I still thankful?
- [LLODO] 7-year-old uses birthday money to help homeless on Thanksgiving
- [LLODO] Texas man creates accidental Thanksgiving food drive on social media
- [LLODO] Ex-NFL star Chad Johnson spreads good tidings with huge tip for Florida restaurant worker
- [LLODO] GOP’s House wins show some Dem voters ‘connecting the dots’ on liberal left, lawmaker says
- [LLODO] Rep.-elect Burgess Owens, retired NFLer, touts GOP’s ‘Freedom Force’ to oppose AOC’s ‘Squad’