Mayor of Tulsa G.T. Bynum has a simple proposition: If Tesla builds its in the Oklahoma city, he wants police vehicles.
Mayor Bynum on Sunday tweeted a rendering of a Cybertruck decked out in local police livery, following reports his city is a finalist among Tesla’s choices. As in trucks if they’re built in the city., the Cybertruck actually looks pretty boss as a police car. Mayor Bynum’s tweet added it would “only be right to buy local,” referring to purchasing the electric
The mayor did not speak to reports of the city’s alleged finalist status, but told Roadshow in a statement, “While I can not comment on potential projects, it is clear that Tesla and Tulsa were forged in the same spirit. Both founded by pioneers who dreamt big and made it happen. Both trying to change the world with a new kind of energy. Both investing big in what matters most: people. Tulsa is a city that doesn’t stifle entrepreneurs — we revere them. And as Tesla continues to rapidly change transportation all around the world, I can’t imagine a better place for them to further that important work than Green Country.”
The Cybertruck will supposedly be built at a new US Gigafactory located in the central part of the country.this past March but the process has been quiet, at least until a new report that named Tulsa as a finalist. Another city Tesla’s reportedly interested in is Austin, Texas. We’ve also seen the state of Missouri actively court Tesla to build the new plant, while Nashville, Tennessee, was also a rumored candidate at one point.
Although it’s hard to say how many workers the new Gigafactory will employ, Tesla has roughly 10,000 workers at its plant in Fremont, California. The facility builds the, , and . Musk previously said this new proposed plant somewhere in the central US will also build the Model Y. The chance for a city and state to employ thousands of workers is, of course, a major positive.
, according to the company, with the most powerful versions built first. In 2022, the company plans to add less expensive, and less powerful, versions to the production mix.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing