President Donald Trump will reportedly declare a national emergency on Friday in an attempt to speed up response to the Bloomberg citing “people familiar with the matter.”. The president will invoke the Stafford Act in order to deploy federal natural disaster assistance to state and local governments, according to a report Friday from
On Friday, Trump tweeted that he would hold a news conference at 3 p.m. ET at the White House, saying the topic would be coronavirus.
As of Thursday, there were more than 1,200 cases of coronavirus reported in the US and 36 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Concerns over the spread of the virus in the US have , and some schools have shut down as many companies as employees to .
Coronavirus deaths worldwide have topped 5,000, with more than 136,000 confirmed cases. On March 11, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a pandemic.
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
More to come.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com