“The IOC has the right to cancel the games only if they are not held during 2020,” Hashimoto reportedly told parliament. “This can be interpreted to mean the games can be postponed as long as they are held during the calendar year.”
In a statement released Tuesday, the International Olympic Committee said it’s committed to the games taking place in Tokyo this summer from July 24 to Aug. 9.
“A joint task force had already been created in mid-February, involving the IOC, Tokyo 2020, the host city of Tokyo, the government of Japan and the World Health Organization,” the committee said. “The IOC [executive board] appreciates and supports the measures being taken, which constitute an important part of Tokyo’s plans to host safe and secure Games.” The IOC added that it will continue to follow World Health Organization advice.
Originating in the Chinese city Wuhan, the novel special WHO committee to declare a on Jan. 30. The WHO later raised its global risk assessment to “very high.” COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, has spread to more than 50 countries, with more than 90,000 confirmed case and 3,000 deaths as of early March.prompted a
The Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony is scheduled for July 24, with the closing ceremony set for Aug. 9. See the full Tokyo Olympics schedule here. The Paralympics run from Aug. 25 to Sept. 6.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com