You know you’re intrigued by Tidal. But unlike Spotify, you can’t really kick its tires very easily, since there’s no free version of the service to log into. But still, it’s tempting. Tidal wants to be the go-to service for audiophiles, for example, with a lossless hi-fi audio stream if you subscribe to the higher-cost premium service. You also get access to exclusive music content, and first dibs on some concert tickets. Well, wonder from afar no longer. For a limited time, you can .
That’s a dollar a month, regardless of whether you want the premium $10 per month plan or the hi-fi plan that’s usually $20 per month. Of course, this offer is only good for first-time subscribers.
For just a dollar a month, this deal is simply too good to pass up, especially if you want to do your own A/B testing between Spotify and Tidal. You may find that Tidal is missing a few tracks you can find on Spotify — especially if you’re into indie music — and you might prefer the Spotify mobile app to Tidal. For more details.
This is the best price on Tidal we’ve seen since its 5-months-for-$5 deal that we told you about back in the fall. This one is the same dollar-per-month rate; it simply doesn’t last quite as long. But virtually free Tidal HiFi until summer? Sign me up.
This article was published previously. It has been updated with the latest deal and pricing.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com