Let’s be optimistic and assume that travel is something we’ll all do again — hopefully soon. And one thing I’ve learned from trips abroad is you can’t have too many plug adapters. One for you, one for your partner. Got kids? They’ll need them as well. And don’t forget plugs for things like curling irons and the Chromecast you cleverly packed.
Thankfully, you don’t need to spend $20 or more per plug — not with this deal. For a limited time, and while supplies last, thewith an automatically applied promo code (it’s 60K2FWMZ, just in case you encounter a problem). Regular price: $17.68.
The plug provides a pass-through AC outlet for Australia/Asia, the EU, the UK and the US. It also serves up four “smart” USB ports: three Type-A and one Type-C.
Take note, however, that while this is suitable for things like curling irons, it can’t be used for appliances that require more power, like electric kettles and hair dryers. Thankfully, there’s a spare fuse included just in case you blow the main one.
The adapter scored a 4.7-star average rating from over 100 buyers. As I’m seeing more and more these days, Fakespot indicates a large number of questionable reviews, while ReviewMeta says they’re mostly legit. My two cents, as always: Read the reviews for yourself, and remember that even if some are fake, it doesn’t mean the product isn’t good.
If you’re lucky enough to be traveling abroad, you should definitely bring a few of these along.
Originally published last year. Updated to reflect new price and availability.
Read More: All the latest Amazon coupons
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing