Cast iron is like an old friend who never lets you down. Not flashy but remarkably consistent, doing all the important things you really need like keeping it together when things get heated. In fact, cast iron handles heat about as good as any other cooking material making it a must-have in the kitchen, especially if you regularly make steaks, skillets, grill pans, Dutch ovens and a few handy accessories. There are good deals to be had and just like an old friend, if you care for your cast iron properly, it’ll reward you handsomely year after year.and other meats that appreciate a good hot seer. Lodge is one of the best-known — if not the best-known — producer of cast iron, and right now Amazon has a slew of its most popular cookware on sale. That includes
Save for an actual grill, there’s no better candidate for cooking steaks and burgers than a cast iron grill pan. If you want seared steaks beyond outdoor grill season, this cast iron pan would be a good one to add to your collection. To achieve that crispy, caramelized smashed burger result, add this Lodge cast iron grill press — also just $20 right now.
You might be surprised at how many professional chefs choose carbon steel as their day-to-day cookware. Like cast iron, it handles and retains heat exceedingly well, but it’s lighter and easier to manage in a fast-paced kitchen. This 12-inch skillet is a steal at $32 and comes preseasoned and ready to rock.
Lodge also makes quality enameled cast iron and one of its casserole dishes glazed in Caribbean blue is $20 off during the Amazon sale. The tight-fitting lid allows you to stew and braise in the versatile dish but it also makes a perfect vessel for any baked casserole or holiday side. Go straight from the oven and onto the table for serving.
This two-piece set includes a traditional skillet to sear steaks, chicken and burgers but also a high-walled Dutch oven for braising stews, soups and vegetables. The skillet fits snugly over the pot so you can cook food covered if you need. It’s a perfect combo set to bring camping, and both pans are preseasoned and ready to go.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing