Your pet may have already told you the news, but in case you’ve missed it, today is National Pet Parents Day. It might not rank up there with Presidents Day or Thanksgiving, but I think it’s great that there’s a day set aside for us to think about our furry partners. There are a lot of things you can do to celebrate the occasion: You can take your pet for a long walk around the neighborhood (please, wear a mask and practice social distancing), teach them a new trick, or play some fetch. Or, just curl up on the sofa with your dog and watch a classic dog film. To help you,for your convenience.
This is so darned charming I barely have words for it — but I fully appreciate the fact that I am extremely sentimental when it comes to poochies. I no longer have a dog in my life and easily waste an hour a day watching clips of other people’s dogs on YouTube. So this is right up my alley. And maybe yours, too.
Fandango Now assembled the list of dog films (which, to be clear, are movies about dogs, not films that are “dogs”) from Rotten Tomato’s list of the 80 best dog movies, ranked by Tomatometer. The end result is a page of virtually every adorable, heartwarming, tear-jerking, live-action and animated film from your childhood or your kids’ childhood that you could want to see. You can rent most of these movies for as little as $3. A few, like 101 Dalmatians, are only available to purchase, which I would suggest skipping. With that in mind, here’s my list of personal favorites — the best dog movies of all time, which are priced at just a few dollars for rental:
: Rotten Tomato’s no. 1 dog movie, which you can rent for as little as $3.
: Please tell me you’ve seen the most charming claymation film of all time. $4
: Spinal Tap for dog shows — one of Christopher Guest’s best mockumentaries. $4
: A family classic for $3.
: My favorite live-action animal film of all time. How can you not love this road-trip film featuring a cat and a pair of dogs? Rent for as little as $3.
- 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz will be a true compact pickup
- We spy the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz compact pickup truck
- More than 40% of Republicans think Bill Gates will use COVID-19 vaccine to implant tracking chips, survey says
- Google Doodle goes dark to mark Memorial Day in US
- Rock on: Get a Marshall Woburn II Bluetooth speaker for $400
- Extremely rare ‘ring of fire’ galaxy discovered in the early universe
- Today’s best Memorial Day 2020 deals: Laptops, home exercise gear, mattresses, vacuums, and more
- Rick and Morty recap: In Childrick of Mort, big daddy Rick fights a god
- 8 best iPhone 12 rumors: Release date, 5G, price and other leaks we know