The US has topped China in more than 82,000 people now infected in the US according to tracking numbers from Johns Hopkins University. China’s coronavirus case count is sitting at around 81,700, while Italy is around 80,500.cases, with
There have been over 1,100 COVID-19 deaths in the US. By comparison, however, there have been around 8,200 fatalities in Italy, 4,100 in Spain, 3,300 in China, 2,200 in Iran and 1,700 in France.
During a White House coronavirus task force briefing Thursday afternoon, US President Donald Trump said the jump in cases is “a tribute to our testing.”
“We’re doing tremendous testing,” Trump said.
Trump argued it’s uncertain what the numbers are in China, and that he’s speaking with Chinese President Xi Jinping at 9:00 p.m. ET tonight.
Globally, coronavirus cases sit at 526,000 as of 3:00 p.m. PT on March 26, with deaths reaching 23,700.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing