Urbanears are designed, it seems, for a younger crowd with different expectations. When I was a kid, I walked 10 miles uphill through the snow just to buy headphones that looked like they had been worn by a World War II radio operator. The Urbanears Pampas are a different kind of headphone, oozing style out of every curve and pore, while still managing to sound pretty great. And the price has been steadily declining — listing for $150, you can now get, the lowest price ever.
If you want that price, you’ll need to really love the Pampas in charcoal black, though. The field green model is a few dollars more and the almond beige version remains full price. No matter which color you choose, the Pampas get a lot of their looks form the cloth covering and plastic frame.
These are over-the-ear headphones that generate a respectable amount of bass. While they’re Bluetooth headphones with a 30-foot range, you can let a friend plug into the 3.5mm headphone jack and share your music as you listen wirelessly. Urbanears has positioned a suite of controls on the ear so you can skip tracks, change volume, and take calls right from the headphones. And you’ll get about 30 hours of runtime on a charge.
If you’re intrigued, rest assured that the price has never been lower. That said, I would not be surprised to see it drop even lower — something to consider if you are willing to wait a little longer.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com