Ever since the pandemic hit, Nintendo has been struggling to keep up with Switch and Switch Lite demand. However, according to a recent GameSpot report, Switch console production is back in full swing — or close to it, at least. That jibes with what we’ve seen in August, with the console popping up at online stores like Best Buy and Amazon at its regular $300 price tag.
Of course, it still sells out within minutes. But now that we’re seeing it in stock at stores on a fairly regular basis, we’re trying to keep closer track. We’ll update this story frequently, but you’ll want to click through below since the inventory status often changes on a minute-by-minute basis.
Update: As of Aug. 24, there are no Nintendo Switch consoles available for online purchase for $300 at Best Buy.
Update: As of Aug. 24, there are no Nintendo Switch consoles available for online purchase for $300 at Gamestop.
Out of stock
What’s a good price for the Switch?
Unsurprisingly, there’s no “deal” to be had at the stores above; the price is set firmly at $299.99, which is the regular SRP. Indeed, it’s been quite a while since we’ve seen any kind of Switch discount. (Holidays, 2019, if memory serves.)
That said, with bundles and used consoles selling for upwards of $400 or more, paying “only” the suggested retail price is a win on this product. (And don’t worry: Nintendo has already confirmed that it has.)
This post is updated regularly as inventory changes occur.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing