Everybody pour one out for the Arnage and was designed from the ground up on a new platform. Each one was hand-built at ., as the massive flagship superluxury sedan ended production yesterday after 11 years and more than 7,300 cars built. Introduced in 2009, replaced the aged
This also marks the end of the line for Brooklands died in 2011, as all other models use Volkswagen-derived V8s or W12s., which has been in continuous production since 1959. In the Mulsanne the engine was fitted with two turbochargers and produced 505 horsepower and 752 pound-feet in “standard” form, or 530 horsepower and 811 lb-ft in the Mulsanne Speed. The Mulsanne has been the only Bentley to use this engine since the
The final Bentley Mulsanne has rolled off the production line
Bentley released photos of the penultimate Mulsanne to roll off the line, a 6.75 Edition by Mulliner painted in an interesting Rose Gold over Tungsten scheme that will be going to a customer in the US. Wondering what the very last Mulsanne to be built looks like? Bentley says the final Mulsanne is “extremely special,” but how it looks and where it is headed will remain “a closely guarded secret.” Here’s hoping it shows up at Pebble Beach in 2034 or something.
Bentley says that in lieu of the Mulsanne, the sedans are dying off, after all. Another option for a future range-topper is something even more special and coachbuilt following .is the brand’s flagship for now. Don’t get us wrong, the Flying Spur is amazing, but it just can’t match the sheer presence and actual physical size of the Mulsanne. And while there’s the potential for a larger and more luxurious to take up its mantle —
With Bentley aiming to introduce an electric car in the near future, I’d love to see something absolutely gigantic like the recententer production. Electric platforms offer a lot more freedom when it comes to both exterior packaging and interior design, allowing for more radical looks and features. But no matter what comes next from Bentley, I’m just glad the Mulsanne existed at all.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing