Tesla told employees that it’ll furlough US workers and cut salaries as a result of the Reuters and Forbes, which cited an internal email. The electric car company’s measures will apparently begin April 13 and may end May 4, if work restarts by then., according to
Employees at the vice president level and above will see 30% pay cuts, directors and higher will lose 20% and all other US employees’ pay will be cut by 10%, the email from HR official Valerie Workman reportedly said, with similar hits for overseas staff. Those who can’t work at home or aren’t assigned critical onsite work will be furloughed, meaning they won’t be paid, but their health benefits will continue.
Tesla didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Last month, Tesla, which employs more than 10,000 people, following a .
The new strain of coronavirus, which can develop into a respiratory illness known as, was discovered in Wuhan, China, in December and has spread worldwide in the months since. As of Wednesday morning, it had infected and caused over 82,000 deaths globally.
CEO Elon Musk said its Tesla New York factory wouldfor the state, but an aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo later clarified that Tesla would make one part of the ventilator. He also noted that they hadn’t been delivered as of April 5.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com