In a short and sweet celebratory tweet, Musk congratulated the Tesla team on the achievement and shared two photos: one of the milestone vehicle, a, and another of the workforce building the EVs. Tesla didn’t immediately respond when asked for additional comment on the achievement.
Tesla’s short history began with an electric sports car, the original Roadster. The company shifted to an electric luxury sedan in the before it fanned out to include the SUV and the more mass-market sedan. The Model Y represents the automaker’s fourth vehicle line and latest launch. Deliveries of the Model Y will begin this month and customers have already started .
In the near future, Tesla shows no signs of slowing down. The automaker opened its second vehicle production facility in Shanghai, China, earlier this year that will produce the Model 3 and Model Y. Plans for aare in the works for Germany, too. The firm also still has the in the pipeline. The Semi is a second-gen and the most hyped vehicle from the carmaker in a long time, the .
The company’s EV dominance comes at a time when legacy automakers have begun to take the EV market seriously, especially in China and Europe. Soon, Tesla will have numerous rivals to duke it out with, but so far no company has come close to capturing even a slice of Tesla’s cache.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com