American Banker, the leading information resource serving the banking and financial services community, sets the agenda for a fast-changing industry, keeping a close eye on large and small institutions, tracking traditional and insurgent forces and analyzing the business models of diversified and specialist players.
American Banker is currently seeking a reporter to cover the intersection of technology and the banking industry.
– The successful candidate will be responsible for writing short breaking news stories and longer features about U.S. commercial banking, technology, fintechs and all things in between that will appear online.
– Will work closely with colleagues in the newsroom and around the country to coordinate coverage. The ability to write clearly and accurately under tight deadlines is required. Knowledge of banking, finance, digital journalism and social media are a plus.
- A minimum of three years reporting experience; preferably an understanding of banking and financial services.
- Ability to generate unique story ideas and provocative analysis for a sophisticated banking audience.
- Write clearly on deadline and cooperate closely with editors and other colleagues in a fast-paced newsroom.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, clips and salary requirements.
American Banker is a SourceMedia publication. SourceMedia provides market information, including news, analysis, and insight to the financial services and related industries such as accounting and technology, through its publications, industry-standard data applications, seminars and conferences.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’