Attention video quality snobs on a budget: theI reviewed last year, , is available for $1,000 today through Sunday, June 14 at Best Buy. You can for a 65-inch television, but you won’t get near this level of picture quality.
And if 65 inches isn’t big enough there’s also aon sale for $1,800. Both match the lowest prices I’ve ever seen for this TV.
If you haven’t heard of the 8-Series, it’s a display technology tour de force. It’s the only TV on the market to use a full-array local dimming backlight with, which delivers superb brightness and deep black levels that no other LCD-based TV can match. In my side-by-side comparison between it and competing high-end TVs, namely the and , the TCL was a better performer overall. The only TVs I’ve seen with a better picture are , which currently costs nearly twice as much.
Both 8-Series TVs were available in May for the same price as part of one-day sales. Best Buy says the savings is “$1,000 off” for the 65-inch version, but that refers to the original MSRP of $2,000; the savings is actually $600 based on its normal selling price of $1,600. The savings for the 75-inch model? A $1,200 discount based on the $3,000 MSRP or $900 off based on its normal selling price. Either way, this sale represents a deep discount for both sizes.
TCL’s fine print: “These offers will only be valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores across the US until 11:59 p.m. CST of their respective day, online and until stores close, while supplies last.”
For more details check out CNET’s full.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing