Truck tailgates have pretty much been the same for a century: flat chunks of metal closing off a pickup’s business end. But in the last couple of years we’ve seen some amazing innovation in this area. Ram now offers the clever Multifunction tailgate, which is split vertically like a pair of barn doors to make it easier to access the bed. Further simplifying things, on Thursday, Mopar, FCA’s parts and accessories division, announced a new add-on that should make it easier for customers to work and play.introduced its flipping and folding , while
The aptly named retractable center-mounted bed step is designed to work in conjunction with the Multifunction tailgate, to give customers a real “leg up” over the competition. It mounts neatly under abumper where it’s out of the way, so it shouldn’t get snagged on rocks or debris while off-roading. When you need to access the cargo box, this step pops down with the flick of a foot. It’s made of aluminum and e-coated a fetching black color, so it should be both durable and light in weight. But don’t think it will fold under pressure — the step is rated to support up to 350 pounds.
Mopar offers more than 600 accessories for Ram trucks, everything from retractable bed steps that work on trucks not fitted with a Multifunction tailgate to cat-back exhaust systems, running boards, interior upgrades, suspension kits and much more. This new retractable center-mounted bed step, part No. 82216265AB, should make it much easier to work and play with apickup, all without breaking a leg, or your budget for that matter. The advertised price for this add-on is $395.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing