Star Wars Squadrons isn’t hitting PS4, Xbox One and PC until Oct. 2, but publisher EA gave us a little taste with a seven-minute CGI animated short on Monday. It introduces Imperial pilot Varko Grey as he tries to survive an attack by the New Republic fleet.
Grey is the leader of Titan Squadron, and finds himself hunted by New Republic X-wing. It’s pretty exciting and cinematic — having been made in collaboration between developer Motive Studios, Lucasfilm and ILM — and hopefully reflects the game’s tone.
The story takes place after Return of the Jedi and the rebels’ victory at the Battle of Endor, with the perspective alternating between the fledgling New Republic’s Vanguard Squadron and the Empire’s Titan Squadron. You can play through the whole game in and PC, and multiplayer supports cross-play, so you can face off against friends no matter what system they’re on.
You cannow for $40, and doing so gets you cosmetic items featured in the CG short.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing